Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
Do I hear Taps? I think I hear Taps.
I think Taps would be appropriate!

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Was a great build! I thought I put a ton of work into mine - wasn't even close to this one.

Rust forced me to sell it to someone younger and much more motivated to keep it alive. Still ran like a top though. I miss the driveline.

The way I look at it, I provided good transportation, and proof to the younger generation that carburetors WORK, and ain't as bad as everyone says they are. It lives on ... somewhere!
Yes I feel it went to a good home!

Originally Posted by chevyriders
Always a sad day to see one go.... I hope she went to a good home! It's a really nice rig
Thanks for the compliment I am still sad and wondering if I made the right decision!

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
So, any idea what the new buyer's plans are for it?
He has already installed an atlas transfer case and is thinking he will 3 link the front on coilovers.

Originally Posted by CaRParts102
Very cool looking Blazer
Thanks!

Originally Posted by CWBDDSPC
*sniffle*
I have cried real tears more than once since its been gone

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
BOOO! Dislike, Dislike!
Me to but the next one will get all the things I wish I would have done to this one! Its going to be a few years yet though I've got a go fast street truck in mind before another offroad rig happens!

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
Well that's sad news indeed.
Yes I feel moments of real depression... Hence why it has taken me so long to respond to all the comments here. Typing in this thread makes it seem more real which means more sad

Originally Posted by 95teal4x4
Noooooooo. I am so sad to hear you sold it. Are you going to get another blazer?
I've already got another one in the 2 door flavor but my son is driving it so it won't be any where near as extreme as this one was. I'm considering a 2 door 2wd for my next build or an extended cab truck but really leaning towards a blazer with my V8 that I intended to put in this truck but with more performance and possibly a couple turbos

Originally Posted by DonL
Oh man I just got threw this... Love the truck looked great. Hope she's being taken care of.
Its getting the love it deserves and will get used regularly at its new home so that makes me happy.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:54 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

I am glad that I actually got to see it in person, even though traffic made me miss meeting you in person. It is nice to know that someone is enjoying it and using it on a regular basis.

Old 07-29-2017, 11:17 AM
bigrig78 is on a distinguished road

😭😭😭 i havnt been on here in over a year since i bought me an 87 k10 but i loved reading this thread rex i sure did miss reading about ur blazer hope u have a new prodject thats just as cool

Old 11-12-2017, 02:19 PM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

Wow, I have to say I cheated and skipped to the end. I'm down around page 120. I feel like I've lost a family member. I'm still going to go back and finish the entire read. So far this has been one of the most interesting, thought provoking, idea striking and wonderfully detailed builds I've seen. It almost reads like a novel, we've all been there through all the ups and downs, the birth of children, passing of loved ones etc.
I'm going back now and finish the read. Kudos to the creator, this has already stood the test of time.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:41 AM
Starting Member
WTSchwegs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
So I have alot of add ons coming up so I figured I would start a build thread to show them all off. Up until today I had tinted my windows, put on 31x10.5 BFG's on 15x8 4.5bs rockcrawlers, a decent amount of fender trimming and removed the front valance for clearance.

My 4x4 had stopped working so I decided it was time to make a posi lock system for it. I won't make an entire how to thread but I did take pics along the way and will answer any questions I can. After reading a few threads on here and other forums this is what I was able to come up with. All together I have about $45 in this project. I'm very happy with the install and even happier that I won't have to worry about my 4x4 not working cause of some stupid little hose.

These are the parts I used

I ordered this locking cable Heavy-Duty T-Handle Locking Cables - 10 Feet*-*Buyers*RO9D3.5X10 because its heavy duty and blends in well rather than the silver cables I have seen. It was $24 shipped to my door and I ordered it on Thursday and it arrived on Saturday.

Here are a few photos of the process I used I'm not going to comment on all of them but if you have questions feel free to ask.

The install took about 2 hours start to finish and it works perfectly.

Next to come is Surco roof rack, and bedliner the rockers and bumpers.
Hey I’m new to this forum. But I own a 2003 zr2 s10 with the exact same 4x4 problem. Just to make sure.. you ran the t-handle from the inside to under the battery where the actualtor used to be and just attached the end to the original cable? I was thinking of doing this before I even ran into your post and I only had one concern. If the front diff is left locked in while in 2x drive will it damage the transfer case in any way? Thanks in advanced.