2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2002 Blazer ls Heater core removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:18 AM
sean bamf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2002 Blazer ls Heater core removal

ok well my heater core **** the bed and i bypassed it to get the smell of coolant out of there.
i bought a new heater core and am ready to install it but i have came accross a problem i took all kickpanels out stereo ac controls glove box ect.but basically the whole damn dash is still attached i have took all visable bolts i can see and it wont come loose. can anyone help me?im only 18 just moved to oklahoma with low funds so i cant afford a manuel.thanks alot

Sean
2002 blazer ls 2wd

Old 01-03-2008, 08:44 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 2002 Blazer ls Heater core removal

See if the information in this thread helps you.
Oh, and [sm=welcomesign.gif]to the Forum.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:48 PM

that helps.
do you know of a step by step to take the whole dash out of it?

Sean
2002 blazer ls

Old 01-03-2008, 01:12 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Not offhand, it's a bit busy at work today. Use the 'search' function for 'dash removal', 'dash', etc and see if you can find something that might help.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

When you go to remove the dash your going to have to remove the e-brake handle and also the dash first tilts rearwards then up and out!! I just helped Rcars2 with his heater core!!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:11 PM

i know how to take out the e brake releaselever and such
the dash is there and when youpull on it it wont come out.
but i still havent took out the airbag yet i dont know hoow to disable it.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:40 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

To disable the airbag first disconnect the battery, then behind the dash next to were you shoulda removed the glove box there is the yellow wiring for the airbag disconnect it there as well. Just to make sure you did a few things did you take out everything in the center of the dash and also glove box plus gauge cluser, there is several hidden bolts you need to remove behind those locations plus on top of the dash were the vents are you need to pull those long vents to get to i think its 4-6 bolts.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:09 AM

i took evrything out of the car pretty much glove box kick panel the panel; were the aux power is the cluster the cluster surround ac control stereo .i got the bolts under the vent and in the speaker here look.

Here is the cluster surround painted too

Old 01-04-2008, 12:49 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Did you get the 2 bolts (10mmor 13mm)in the upper kick panels on both sides? They're really hard to see.
I have never taken the dash all the way out of the vehicle. I used a bungee cord from the handle on the dash to the handle above the passenger door to lift the dash for clearance.
I also took out the steering column bolts and let the steering wheel rest on the drivers' seat.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/E5A35E262CDA4676ABFB389C59F2171E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-04-2008, 12:59 AM

i got those two bolts.but is there any bolts through the wheel well im missing?
i thank you so much guys for helping me.
um.....does the airbag come out with the dash or come out by itself?

Quick Reply: 2002 Blazer ls Heater core removal