Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

best lift kit for s-10 blazer

Old 01-19-2006, 08:03 PM
dbik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best lift kit for s-10 blazer

greetings everyone. I have decided to rebuild my 4x4 blazer. She's had a hard life of daily driving, but I have a new truck now. Because I love my old rust bucket of 180k miles, I'd like to turn her into an offroad rig. Anyone know of any good suspension lift kits for a 93 model? Thanks in advance, Dan Bickett

Old 01-20-2006, 01:30 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: best lift kit for s-10 blazer

HOwdy Dan, and welcome to the site.

TrailMaster and Superlift make suspension lifts for them. Although if this is going to be a strickly off-road toy, go solid axle swap. I have to go to a meeting right now, post up and we can swap ideas.

Old 01-20-2006, 11:01 PM
dbik is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks bud. I really want to do this on the cheap, but I am kind of against body lifts....also...80 bucks compared to 1200 bucks could and probably WILL sway me unless I can find a less expensive suspension lift. Axle swaps and that whole works is probably out of the question really. not looking to build an extreme off roader, just something I can play in the woods with. I know I'm not gonna go much over 31x10.50's on her. probably bfg mud terrains with the stock wheels. I'll look into the prices of those two lifts you mentioned tonight, but if the cost is still over 1k, I'll probably do a 3" inch body lift and call it good. Thanks for your reply bro.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:49 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Your welcome.
2" body lift will fit 31" tires without fender trimming. Or you could just put the tires on a trim the fender to fit. I went with a 3" body lift and trimmed my fenders to fit 33" tires on my trail rig. She will stay this way until I gather up the parts for a solid axle swap.

As much as you may hate body lifts, they are the least expensive route. A 2" suspension lift will cost you $500 or so. A 5" suspension lift will cost $1200 for the kit, plus installation. And you need a welder to install the kit. To get the 2" of lift to run teh 31" tires, a body lift is a great option.

There are a few other benefits to running at least a 2" body lift on the S-series trucks. Access to the top two tranny bellhousing to engien bolts. Without the lift kit on the older S10 you have to remove the front body bolts, and loosen the other 8, jack the front of the truck up 2"-3" to get a wrench on those two bolts. On the newer ones, you can tip the tranny back to gain access.

Another beny, starter removal/installation is easier. Plus you gain space to work on and around the engine, exhuast, etc. Basically a 2" body lift will give you the space you need to work on just about everything under the truck. One of the benefits to the S trucks is the flat bottom, nothing hangs below the frame rails. On the flip side, that means everything is tucked up tight to the bottom of the body. This makes getting your hands, tools, and parts in and around there interesting to say the least.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:53 PM
REBELBRAVADA is an unknown quantity at this point

I TO HAVE WANTED TO REBUILD MY BRAVADA WHICH IS THE SAME AS A BLAZER AND I FOUND THAT ROUGH COUNTRY HAS HAD THE BEST PRICES 3" BODY, 2.5" SUSPENSION, AND HELPER SPRINGS FOR UNDER $1,000

Old 02-21-2006, 07:23 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

Wilkommen!