2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

How do I disable the Passlock anti-theft system?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 06:20 PM
knight1292 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I disable the Passlock anti-theft system?

I have a 99' Blazer and I'm having problems with the passlock system. The security light comes on sometimes and other times passlock disables my fuel pump and the truck won't start. I reset the system by turning the key to "ON" and waiting the 10 minutes required and the truck starts but this is a pain in the ***. Can anyone help me?

Old 08-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: How do I disable the Passlock anti-theft system?

Why not fix the problem? From the sounds of it, the ignition harness is on its way out. It is not just the passlock system. Sooner or later, when the ignition switch fails, it just will not do anything.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:05 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

fyi you dont have to leave the key in the on position for the 10 min time out. You can go get a nice dr. p or something while waiting for it to time in.

Definitely just replace the switch. Although I was considering installing a passlock bypass (I can get em cheap through work) and putting a switch on the bypass. Then I would only kill the system when the ignition timed out...but who knows how long till the switch fails altogether.

But...if you're really set on bypassing the system, I can pull the bypass wiring diagram tomorrow at work and post it for you. All it takes is a resistor

Old 08-14-2008, 09:30 AM
slowjoe6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the problem with your passlock affected by the position of the tilt colum? is so just repair the harness.

But if you are intent on disableing your passlock, and you know what you are doing either a remote start bypass module;

Wireing diagram useing a Directed Electronics module: GMBP

Red to 12v+
Black to Ground
violet to Vehicle Databus terminal pin 2

Relay setup(standard bosch relay):
pin 86 12v+ (ignition source while cranking)
pin 85 to ground
pin 80 to ground
pin 87 to brown wire on bypass module

Follow programing instruction for the GMBP with the only exception, do not connect the Brown wire from relay to module until after you gone through the programming steps for the module.