Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2002 Xtreme V8 LS swap

Old 08-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Xtremechubs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2002 Xtreme V8 LS swap

Hey guys well i've had my blazer for a few years now and i was always curious about swaping in a LS based V8. I bought my blazer with 36K on it and as soon as i bought it i started modding it well needless to say i ended up blowing the V6 which internally was stock so i was tossing the idea around of either swaping in a V8 or internally modding the V6 and rebuilding it. So upon further inspection of the V6 the water jackets were completely cloged with mud from the dex-cool and i had flushed the system several times right when i changed it and it was still really bad and the motor had sluge in the top end so i decided to go with the V8.

Here is a list of mods and supporting mods for the V8

> 02 LM7 5.3
> Texas Speed and Performance heads and cam package PRC Stage 2.5 heads with a 2.02 int and 1.575 exh. stanless steel valves 59cc combustion chambers 220cc intake runner. The cam is a comp cam 224/224 .581/.581 111LSA+2 cam with XER lobes
> TSP Chromemoly 7.400 .080 wall pushrods
> TSP ported LS6 oil pump
> Rollmaster Double roller timing chain with 9 way adj. keyway
> New LS2 corvette oil pan
> New LS2/LS7 front drive accessories from GM and GMPP
> Current Performance wiring custom built wiring harness and custom bench tune
> Sanderson shorty swap headers with 2000 deg coating
> LS1 intake

i'll try to keep the updates coming

Old 08-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks nice! What are you using for engine management?

Old 08-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

That should put down some nice numbers when finished. looking foward to some updates.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:24 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I am waiting for him to bust out some kinda amazing yellow striping/detailing on the engine.... gonna look FREAKING AWESOME!

Old 08-25-2009, 05:40 PM

Jared down at Current Performance took my stock 4.3 computer and reflashed it with the custom tune for a 5.3 with an LS1 intake with the cam and heads with the rocker arms i'm going to run

Then he built a custom wiring harness to make this a plug and play swap he eliminated the evap system the rear O2's and the vats system out of the computer and the wiring harness

The wiring is 100% brand new with brand new connectors and made for this motor in my blazer.

The plan on the motor is to paint the block, intake, valve covers, coils black then the coil brackets, fuel rails, throttle body, throttle cable bracket paint matched yellow i was thinking about doing yellow stripes in the groves in the valve covers. i think i'm going to paint the computer gloss black then put a GM performance division badge on it.

Last edited by Xtremechubs; 08-25-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:05 AM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

man thats gonna look crazy.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Minus the engine mounts, any other front end,suspension modifications needed? and are you using your stock transmission?

Old 08-27-2009, 01:59 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I'd love to do this to my truck but.... I've seen an LS? engine for sale locally.
I can buy 2 blazers here for that price!

Good luck with the build. Look forward to seeing pics of the finished product & performance specs.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:13 AM

No i'm getting a stage 2 trans from performabuilt and other than that the front suspension is stock i knew a guy that ran a stock trans behind an LS motor and it lasted 3 weeks so i'm just not even going to mess with that plus his was stock

Old 09-06-2009, 10:03 AM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Drool...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 Xtreme V8 LS swap