2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

K&N intake install, Trouble codes PO101,PO113

Old 09-17-2009, 10:13 PM
nnnon632 is an unknown quantity at this point

i never had filtration problems with my k &n like that, but then i clean and reoil every 9000 miles.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:04 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

but you can't really say that the problem was because of the filter. it coulda just been a pain in the *** coincidence. sometimes wierd s**t happens, simply because you touched it.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:17 PM
xtremefirefighter is on a distinguished road
Default New smog pump problems

Code p0410. Replaced bad pump, check valves, maxxi fuse, and all hoses, and re routed the inlet hose. Code still is reappearing...

Old 09-25-2009, 01:03 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Maybe not the easiest or cheapest way to "fix" the P0410 is to have it deleted from the PCM. You will drive yourself crazy trying to fix it just to have it throw a code again and again. This is the reason GM quit putting the system on their vehicles a few years ago.

Ignoring it will not cause a problem as the system is only in use when first starting up a cold engine. You could just get a scanner so you can clear the code yourself whenever it pops up.

Mine will pop up now and then. I'll clear it and it be back before I know it. After a week or so it quits...for a while. Been about 3 months or so since I've last seen that little culprit but I know it'll be back sooner or later.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:12 AM

I can deal with the ses light being on. But the ol' emission station doesn't like it. You will fail. If i reset before i go to the station the sensors/ computer isnt ready. So i gotta fix this. Thanks for all your "educated" help.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:55 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

Quik question? Have you tried to reinstall the orig air system? Disconnect the neg batt term for at least ten minutes!! reinstall your old intake box and tubes. make sure the mass air flow sensor is facing the correct way it has arrows on it.. hook back up the batt term and start the truck let it run normally at idle dont rev it up or anything, just let it run normally for awhile and see if the problem goes away... I have a Volant cool air intake on my Blazer and have yet to even come close to getting a ses light..I paid $300.00 for it on ebay instead of wasting 50 $ on K&N..

Old 09-25-2009, 11:49 AM
PHATSPEED7x is on a distinguished road

Never been a real fan if the K&N filter. I prefer a plan paper filter, or a dry cotton style.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Starting Member
danmiranda is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. I have a KN stage II air intake system for a good 12k miles now and haven't had a single problem.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:18 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

like i've said before, it all comes down to someone's experience and preference. i have a K&N filter on my diesel Burb, and have never had any issue with it. i'm afraid to discard the factory induction system on it, it sucks in vast amounts of air-i'd be afraid the truck would suck in a small bird! i've found Dragonfly's a little over 4" long in the filter many times, along with anything else that happened to be flying in it's path, hahahahaha!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:28 AM

Update: Thanks again for everyones help, this is how everyone should help people out the world would be a little better. Back to the b lazer, the k and n was not releated to the secondary injection code obviosly. The filter was over oiled, cleaned it and the mas used about half the oil i used before. More isnt better in this situation. The air pump was out. Replaced it and all of the dry hoses check vales and all. Its better to take off the whole hard line from the exhaust manifold off from the bottom. The second time i had the code coming up it was because the fuse blew again. So i should of check before i get on here to ask. Thanks again to all. Im not a mechanic but i learned alot and a little more confiendt because all your help. Codes are all clear ready for emmisions! Thanks blazer brothers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: K&N intake install, Trouble codes PO101,PO113