2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

My blazer lost all of power ,help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 02:36 AM
wxj1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My blazer lost all of power ,help!

MY 95 blazer runs fine yesterday night. And I parked it outside my house. It lost all power today when I want to drive it. No lighgt can be turn on , of course it can not be started, even the keyless entty system. What happened? I checked the electrode of power supply, it was fasted very tight. HElP! Thank you very much.

Old 08-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: My blazer lost all of power ,help!

This happened to my '01 Bonneville awhile back. Battery just crapped out. I would remove the battery and take it to your favorite autoparts store and have them test it. I know that Advanced Auto has a pretty thorough tester.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:24 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

A bad alt, my be a cause too. G/L.

Old 08-05-2006, 08:11 PM
wxj1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

I bring the battery to the schuck's, they tested it and only 4.3V, so they charger it for 1 hours and I bring it back. it works! I'm pullzed: why the battery lost all of power in 1 day? I'm sure the light had been turned off. Maybe the alternator not works? I changed the battery 1 month ago. Everything is OK except yesterday the battery was out. The garge always indicated 14V when I driver the car and the headlight is off(if it is on there will be less than 14V). Can you give me some advise? thanks

Old 08-06-2006, 01:51 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you got it running. Drive it to the same place and have them test the alternator and battery while they are in the truck. IF either are bad tehy can tell you.

Old 08-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Starting Member
Aquahallic is an unknown quantity at this point

if you have a volt meter you can fire up the truck load down the battery, ie. turn on your brights and A/C on max and let it idle there for about 5-10 min. to let it draw that battery down. don't rev the engine we want charging to be at a minimum. then.. grab a volt meter and slap it across the battery and read it at idle still... then keep your eye on the meter and reach over and grab the throttle cable on the throttle body and pull it to rev the engine up a bit... you SHOULD see a rise in voltage. if not then ya prolly have a bad alternator. now this won't tell ya the current the alternator is producing but it'll give ya a half assed idea of what's goin' on...

Old 08-06-2006, 06:52 PM
jun
jun is an unknown quantity at this point

They had my battery and alternantor checked today and said they all are good. I have no idea about that ...why the battery lost all of power when they all are good? They told me to check the car by a machanic. I had a complete check of the car 2 weeks ago at firestone. What shall I do?

Old 09-25-2006, 03:16 AM
Starting Member
djremix is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a similar issue last week, got in my Blazer and NOTHING! Went to the battery and the negative terminal was slightly loose, tightened it up and now it's perfect!

Old 09-26-2006, 02:21 AM
tjbmmb is an unknown quantity at this point

yeal i get them in a lot at the shop i work at (sears auto center) most of the time its coroseison on the postive term. The side post batts. are known for it.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Brunica is an unknown quantity at this point

Well...I'm sure glad I found this site! I had zero power on all intruments and lights andmy 4x4 transfer case switch module making all kinds of clicking noises. I disconnected it and still no joy. I then looked for fuses, again no joy. I then removed my positive side to battery and reconnected. I went and tried ignition, a pause and then lights starting coming on in sequence, meters flicked back and forth and the radio came on, so I tried to turn her over. No joy...a small click and all power was gone and would not return. I was almost ready to open my wallet when I thought I should seek an answer on the Internet... this is where this fantastic site came in handy! I found the site with the help of Google and once I quickly created my account, I found the answer in this thread... Thank-you! My cables going to the battery were slightly corroded but more importantly one of the "boots" on the cable was being pinched against the battery terminal. I used an exacto-knife and trimmed the excess rubber away and screwed both cables in tightly with my ratchet. Lights came on and she started with ease! My 2000 Blazer LT lives again!

Quick Reply: My blazer lost all of power ,help!