Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

B2725 help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 05:57 PM
2000jimmbo4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default B2725 help?

well a few weeks ago i started my truck and the service 4x4 light came on and my dash switch lit up like a christmas tree and wouldnt change untill i disconected the battery. now this morning after a long cold drive on the highway my service light is back, after the key is of . the light stays out until i drive for a while. then it pops on. i have a B2725 set in memory. the scanner described it as "automatic transfercase switch fault". after talking to my tech buddies they said to replace the switch. after trying every parts house in town i found one at autozone. popped it in and all was well. ... untill the light came back on a while later that day. i can only get the switch to work from 2hi to 4 lo and the oposite. any ideas?

i also wanted to add that it will change between all gears, i just went out and played with it, but it dose not always respond to the buttons. you have to repeadedly press the buttons and then eventualy it chages. i can hear the tccm clicking and feel everything engage. just not all the time. do i have a new , junk, switch??

Last edited by 2000jimmbo4x4; 10-30-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: added information.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:42 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 2000jimmbo4x4
well a few weeks ago i started my truck and the service 4x4 light came on and my dash switch lit up like a christmas tree and wouldnt change untill i disconected the battery. now this morning after a long cold drive on the highway my service light is back, after the key is of . the light stays out until i drive for a while. then it pops on. i have a B2725 set in memory. the scanner described it as "automatic transfercase switch fault". after talking to my tech buddies they said to replace the switch. after trying every parts house in town i found one at autozone. popped it in and all was well. ... untill the light came back on a while later that day. i can only get the switch to work from 2hi to 4 lo and the oposite. any ideas?

i also wanted to add that it will change between all gears, i just went out and played with it, but it dose not always respond to the buttons. you have to repeadedly press the buttons and then eventualy it chages. i can hear the tccm clicking and feel everything engage. just not all the time. do i have a new , junk, switch??
one of the wires is broken off in my plug on the TC.... my symptoms are similar minus the code... not sure if that's my only problem, friends bringing me a good soldering iron so I can replace the plug