Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

3 different problems on 2002 Blazer S10 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:16 PM
Starting Member
viper is on a distinguished road
Unhappy 3 different problems on 2002 Blazer S10 4WD

First and foremost, i'm not very mechanical .

a. During winter, i placed the car on 4WD but for some reason it would not engage at all. Mind you, this is Texas and i rarely use 4x4 except if it's icy on the road (no off-roading).

b. while driving on the highway, when i'm anywhere between 50-65, the car acts like it has a hiccup, the RPM needle jumps very so slightly but cant figure out what it is since it doesnt happen when above or below that speed range.

c. Last week i got a service engine soon light. had it checked at autozone and showed code P1870. Which according to them it's a transmission issue. This makes sense since lately when i place it in gear, it'll stay like it's in neutral and then, very slowly, start moving, even though i'm accelerating.

Can someone help please!!!!! i dont want to end up spending $$$ if the car is not worth it anymore. i just spent about $1.5K in replacing the ABS computer and feel that if i keep that pace, i can just buy a newer car and that'll be the monthly payments

Old 03-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

4wd problems can range from very simple (read through the common 4wd problems thread linked to in my signature) to complex. Try some of the simple things first and see what you come up with.

There are many people that have this hiccup. Some have found that it is related to when the A/C kicks on. Others have been able to solve it by cleaning/relocating the splice pack located back near the fuel tank under the truck.

Search the site for P1870. It sometimes can be repaired with some valve body work in the transmission.

How much it will cost to repair depends on how much of it you can do yourself. If you are thinking of doing the work yourself to repair some of these things, I would get yourself a set of factory service manuals or an AllDataDIY.com account.