1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

93' S10 Blazer fuel pump relay locaton?

Old 06-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Beginning Member
TheCackster is on a distinguished road
Default 93' S10 Blazer fuel pump relay locaton?

1st off thanx for reading! I've heard it's under the hood on the side wall. I was also told it's located in the cab mounted to a bracket on the "cowl". What and where is this "cowl"? I have a 4.3L Vortec MPI engine. My Chiltons book tells just what i stated but doesn't give any information where exactly this "cowl" is located. I think i have a fuel problem and i'm going through process of illimination. 1st i changed the fuel filter and that wasn't it. Next i'm trying to change the fuel pump relay, if that's not it then i go to the fuel pump itself, ughh... Thank God for this Blazer Forum & YouTube. Long live DIY. Thanx again!!!

Old 06-04-2011, 05:15 AM
JerryB52 is on a distinguished road
Cool

https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-ge...talling-59406/

Above link...Check out the advice given to me by Toby Hanson...
Good luck.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:22 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

First off, you dont have a MPFI engine, you have a CPI... In this photo you cant see it, but imagine the photo is wider, it is on the drivers side of that brake booster (the round thing with the master cylinder mounted on it) the relays there will be 2 or 3 of them (if you have AC you have 3) One is the fuel pump, one is the horn, one is the AC... They look like little black boxes about 1.5in cubed... Wires coming out the bottom. The fuel pump relay is the one with the PINK (I think) wire hanging off it thats not connected to anything.

The "cowl" is that cover that your wipers stick out of at the bottom of the windshield.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Starting Member
maddie's dad is on a distinguished road

Great Info! I was just about to start a thread asking about the Starter relay. My daughter's 93 Jimmy has A/C and it only has 2 relays. Anyway, the fuel pump took a poop on me last night. So I am also doing the fault isolation by process of elimination. So far, the ECM B fuse is good, I swapped the 2 relays, no change, I'm pretty sure it is the fuel pump.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by maddie's dad
Great Info! I was just about to start a thread asking about the Starter relay. My daughter's 93 Jimmy has A/C and it only has 2 relays. Anyway, the fuel pump took a poop on me last night. So I am also doing the fault isolation by process of elimination. So far, the ECM B fuse is good, I swapped the 2 relays, no change, I'm pretty sure it is the fuel pump.
There's a terminal on a wire sticking out of the wire loom along the firewall. That's a direct connection to the fuel pump. Run a 12V hot wire from the positive battery terminal to that terminal. If the pump runs then the pump is OK. If the pump doesn't run then it's bad.

PS- I also have a daughter named Madi.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Starting Member
Brian Nicholas is on a distinguished road
Default 93 blazer wont start

they said it was the fuel pump... i changed that then they said it was the spider changed...then the relay changed and it still turns spudders and nuting.... any awsers

Old 12-05-2012, 08:52 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Brian Nicholas
they said it was the fuel pump... i changed that then they said it was the spider changed...then the relay changed and it still turns spudders and nuting.... any awsers
Stop. Before doing anything else,use a fuel pressure gauge and check the pressure. These engines are super sensitive to pressure. Turn the key on. It MUST nail 60 psi or more. Then, it has to hold above 55 for 10 minutes. Hopefully you purchased a ac delco pump. Aftermarkets are a hit and miss and these blazers are picky. If the pressure drops fast,its either the spider,leaky line,or the valve in the pump. If it doesnt hit 60 psi you have a weak/bad pump.

You can get a "loaner" gauge from autozone. its free. But you have to leave the retail deposit incase you dont return it.