Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1995 chevy s-10 Blazer won't cold start

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Sky
Sky is on a distinguished road
Default 1995 chevy s-10 Blazer won't cold start

I have a 1995 s-10 blazer that will not start when it is cold out. During the summer, it starts up no problem. as soon as the cold weather hits, it won't start. If i leave it in my garage with the heater on, it will start up after a while without a problem and will run. If it sits too long in the cold afterwards, then it won't start yet again. I have put a new fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, pickup coil, coil, plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotar button, and crank sensor on it. It is still having this problem. Any helpful advice would be appriciated!!!!

Old 02-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tested your fuel pressure when the no-start condition occurs?

Old 02-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Sky

yes i did. It was about 55 psi

Old 02-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It needs to be >55psi for proper operation of the engine, but lets assume that your gauge reads low and move on.

Have you tried wiggling the wires that run to the fuel injection spider inside the manifold? They exit under the throttle body.

What brand of ignition components did you use?

Old 02-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Sky

what would wiggling the wire do for it?

Old 02-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Many people have chased problems only to find that the connector on the injector inside the plenum was loose & in need of replacement. Pulling the wires can allow the contacts to complete the circuit resulting in a working engine, even if temporary.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Sky

If thats what the problem is, then why does it only do it when its cold outside?

Old 02-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Administrator

For something that is so easy to try, I'm not sure why you are being so hard headed about it... Regardless, I'll play your game this once, but then I'm out. When its cold out, wires constrict, plastic moves, etc.

Good luck with your problem.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Sky

sorry about that, i'll give it a try. And thank you

So I tried to wiggle the wires, but all it wanted to do is just crank over, like its been doing. Still won't start

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-12-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:28 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

it sounds like your battery is weak to me...happens alot up here when it gets cold easy to check too but its also easy to forget

Quick Reply: 1995 chevy s-10 Blazer won't cold start