2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2002 chevy blazer shakes at idle

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Drksarrge is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 chevy blazer shakes at idle

Hi guys I have scowered the forums and try's everything my car still shakes like death!

It's a 2002 chevy blazer ls 4x4 with 144000km on it I bought it used and had the following done

Distributed cap and rotor changed
New spark plugs and wires
Oil change
Coolant flush
Transmission flush
Power steering flush
Ran 2 bottles of fuel system cleaners
Replaced fuel filter
Replaced air filter
Cleaned throttle body
Cleaned mass airflow censor
Checked fuses

I cannot find any vacuum leaks

My car shakes very rough intermittently at idle sometimes it's not to bad and other times the vehicle vibrates and the engine almost dies. It makes the lights surge slightly when it happens. There is no check engine light but I know it's not suppose to do this! Also when I accelerate it doesn't hear down well

Old 10-11-2013, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Try clening the EGR Valve

Old 10-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Dark Rider is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you took it to a Jiffy-Lube like place? There are some great YouTube videos of undercover investigations about these places. I know mine exhibited similar issues due to a buildup in the fuel filter. Since you already had that taken care of it may be the fuel pump. If your engine idles rough its one of 3 (actually 4) things. Air, fuel, and electricity (or your engine is jacked, but then you'd notice other things besides rough idle). Good Luck

Old 10-12-2013, 04:56 AM
spittybays

+1 EGR if you still have one on 2002

Old 10-12-2013, 04:21 PM

I'm pretty sure my model doesn't have an egr valve but I'll ask my mechanic to check that out... When he took out the spark plugs he said they were bad ! Black black should he have cleaned the holes where the plugs go in could Carbon build up in those chambers be the cause? And only the fuel filter was done by the lube place

Old 10-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Chevy33 is on a distinguished road

It might be a good idea to take a look at the gear on the distributor.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Beginning Member
ksimpson is on a distinguished road

I had a similar problem. One of my fuel injectors was bad, put in the spider and now it runs brand new.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:24 PM
spittybays

Like you would talk to your Shrink, tell us everything. You get up, start your truck....................... shaking starts......no shaking till you come to a traffic light......A-OK till it's in park. We need some history/description of what is going on.
"MY LEG HURTS!" is not going to help on the diagnostic end.

PS. Sorry, the old ladies pissed. Think you have a vac leak or something with secondary ignition.
Again need the whole story the best you can describe.

Ya, just re-read. Anybody check the fuel pressure on this thing? Ask your mech to do a "leak down test". If he or she does not know what that is, go someplace else.

Last edited by spittybays; 10-12-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:19 AM

It shakes at idle when not in motion... Red lights waiting at drive through, waiting for gf to get her fat butt outta the kitchen with my sandwhich. Sometimes the entire vehicle shakes violently other times it's not as bad. When I'm driving there is no problems at all runs good other then a lag when it gears down. So to recap when in drive with foot on the break my car has a seizure. When in park again seizure. Also when it does it all the lights in the car surge like if you turn on a vacuum cleaner in your house sometimes the lights dim it does that and feels like it's going to turn off

Old 10-13-2013, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Drksarrge
It shakes at idle when not in motion... Red lights waiting at drive through, waiting for gf to get her fat butt outta the kitchen with my sandwhich. Sometimes the entire vehicle shakes violently other times it's not as bad. When I'm driving there is no problems at all runs good other then a lag when it gears down. So to recap when in drive with foot on the break my car has a seizure. When in park again seizure. Also when it does it all the lights in the car surge like if you turn on a vacuum cleaner in your house sometimes the lights dim it does that and feels like it's going to turn off
Also the rpm gauge drops and the oil pressure gauge fluctuates

Quick Reply: 2002 chevy blazer shakes at idle